Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fast friday - kale chips

We have a CSA this year and part of us getting a box each week is we decided that we would try everything once. This past Tuesday we received kale and I knew what I wanted to do with it, kale chips. I know that I have made them in the past but this time I decided to make them in my new dehydrator. They turned out fast, crunchy and I didn't burn any of them! The plus side is that they are so crunchy and yummy that the bunch is gone before you are ready for it to be gone.

Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale
sea salt
nutritional yest
good cold pressed oil

Wash and dry kale either in towels of in salad spinner.
Break into small pieces removing the hard stems in the process.
Place kale in a single layer on your dehydrator sheets.
Set the temp to 145 degrees and let your kale go for an hour.
In my dehydrator it only took an hour. If your chips are not to your liking you can drop the temp to 115 degrees and let them go for another hour.

This is the first time I used my dehydrator, what is your favorite food to dehydrate?


No comments:

Post a Comment